Join Braemar on a wonderful voyage to the Caribbean and discover unforgettable sights and experiences at the string of sun-kissed paradise islands – the perfect escape as the cold winter weather takes hold back home.
Departing from Southampton this 16 night cruise to the Caribbean first visits Funchal in Madiera for an overnight stay before heading across the Atlantic and touring the Caribbean calling in at St. John’s in Antigua, Basseterre in St Kitts and Nevis and Castries in St Lucia before finally reaching Bridgetown in Barbados for an overnight stay before your flight back to Ireland.
|FROM||Dublin / Southampton|
|DATE||05 December 2017|
|PRICE||Was €1,749 now €1,399 pp|
Before cruising to the Caribbean you’ll sail south to the Portuguese island of Madeira. Admire the stunning scenery via the unique levada irrigation network; explore beautiful botanic gardens; and enjoy a glass of local sweet wine at the world-famous Reid’s Hotel during an overnight stay in Funchal. Then after gliding across the Atlantic in pure comfort aboard Braemar, you’ll have the chance to soak up the sunshine on one of Antigua’s 365 gorgeous beaches. Docking in St. John’s, you’ll also be perfectly placed to discover the island’s historic highlights, including the English Harbour and the enchanting Nelson’s Dockyard National Park. Don’t miss the sensational views on offer from the 490 feet-high Shirley Heights lookout.
In Basseterre some of the Caribbean’s oldest buildings await your discovery, such as the UNESCO-listed Brimstone Hill Fortress. Be sure to hop on board the St. Kitts Scenic Railway – one of the world’s greatest train journeys – to capture wonderful, unspoilt views of the island’s incredible scenery. During a full-day in Castries you can immerse yourself in the culture, heritage and beauty of St. Lucia. Take a trip to see the soaring Twin Pitons, or perhaps take in the vibrant colours and scents of the Diamond Botanical Gardens & Waterfalls. Finally in Barbados, sample the laid-back atmosphere of Bridgetown; swim with sea turtles in the shimmering waters; marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites in Harrison’s Cave; or simply enjoy the balmy Caribbean climate for the final time before heading home.
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Southampton, UK
Following your flight from Dublin, you will be transferred to the port to board the 4* Braemar to settle in before you set sail for the Caribbean.
Days 2-4: At Sea
Get to know your ship and enjoy the great facilities on board.
Days 5-6: Funchal, Madeira
Located off the coast of Africa, Funchal has a timeless charm, delightfully enhanced by a benign climate that fills this ‘floating garden’ with the year-round colours and perfumes of subtropical flowers and fruit.
Days 7-12: At Sea
Day 13: St. John’s, Antigua and Barbuda
The great bay of stunning English Harbour and historic Nelson’s Dockyard are two of pretty Antigua’s highlights. The colourful street market in St. John’s, selling flowers, fruit and handicrafts, is a must-see, along with a stop at one of the 365 stunning beaches – one for each day of the year say the Antiguans.
Day 14: Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis
The elegant St. Kitts capital, Basseterre, has some of the oldest buildings in the Caribbean. Take a tour to Brimstone Hill Fortress to admire magnificent views across the island, travel on the St. Kitts Scenic Railway – said to be one of the most attractive train journeys in the world – or simply relax on one of the tranquil beaches in the balmy climate.
Day 15: Castries, St Lucia, West Indies
St Lucia is the sort of island that travellers to the Caribbean dream about – a small, lush tropical gem. With glorious soft white beaches, St. Lucia is the perfect place to lay back, relax and soak up the sun. Away from the beaches, there are many National Parks with beautiful fauna and native wildlife to explore.
Days 16-17: Bridgetown, Barbados
Barbados has a balmy, tropical climate, making this very British Caribbean island a favourite with well-heeled tourists. Admire the impressive stalactites and stalagmites in Harrison’s Cave; sail the gorgeous azure waters in search of sea turtles; or simply relax on one of the many sandy beaches, soaking up the laid-back atmosphere.
Following your overnight stay in Barbados, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back to Ireland.
16 Nights accommodation aboard the 4 Star Braemar, operated by Fred. Olsen Cruise Line. (See ship info tab for more information on Braemar)
4* Fred. Olsen Braemar Cruise Ship
A five-deck atrium creates a very light, spacious and airy interior, giving Braemar a very modern feel, while still maintaining the relaxing atmosphere for which Fred. Olsen’s vessels are renowned. Cascading decks at the stern give plenty of room for taking in the air and enjoying the sunshine. Stylish public rooms feature polished wood and gleaming brass, subtle lighting and luxurious fabrics.
Refitted in 2008 and carrying around 900 passengers, the 24,000 tonne Braemar has more then 80 passenger cabins and suites with balconies. Facilities include the comfortable Morning Light Pub and Observatory Lounge, which enjoys spectacular views over the bow – just the places to enjoy a pre dinner drink.
For fine food there is the Thistle Restaurant on the main deck, while on Marquee Deck the Grampian Restaurant offers a more intimate atmosphere in a formal setting. Informal dining is available in Palms Cafe.
During special-interest cruises, activities are available in the Arts and Crafts Room. Two open-air swimming pools, separated by open air jacuzzis on Marquee Deck, together with a Children’s Pool and poolside bar will help you get the most from your time on board.
Dates & Prices
|05 December 2017||Was €1,749
|05 December 2017||Was €1,929
|05 December 2017||€1,679||Upper Deck
|05 December 2017||Was €2,199
|Superior Oceanview||Book Now|
|05 December 2017||Was €2,459
|Single Inside||Book Now|
- Flight from Dublin to Southampton, UK
- Return Transfers
- 16 nights accommodation aboard 4* Fred. Olsen Braemar based on 2 sharing an inside cabin
- Fine Dining on a Full Board basis
- All on board entertainment
- Flight from Barbados to Dublin via Gatwick
- Taxes and one check in bag of 20kg per person
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit of 15% per person
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Optional Insurance prices on request (conditions apply)
- Drinks packages available to prebook – only €18 per person per night
- Gratuities not included and are paid on board
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change and availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.
- ANCHOR FARE INFORMATION: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT ANCHOR FARE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.100% cancellation charges apply – no refunds are permitted. Non-transferrable to any other cruise once booked.
- No room number and / or room grade is provided at the time of booking (room number will be advised on the cruise ticket).
- Oceans Cruise Club discounts (Advance Booking Discount/On board Account Discount/Pre-Booked Shore Tours Discount) are not combinable with Anchor Fares – Oceans points will be earned however.
- Additional charges may apply for shuttle bus or transfers to local amenities.
- Dining sitting will be allocated at our discretion and will be advised on the cruise ticket – Anchor Fare guests can choose to book a specific dining sitting for a supplement of GBP 2.00 per person per night (DINING SITTING CANNOT BE CHANGED ONCE ALLOCATED UNLESS A SUPPLEMENT IS PAID).
- Other booking changes are permitted subject to our standard Terms & Conditions, available on request or at www.fredolsencruises.com/Terms