Get away for a fantastic mini cruise on board 4* MSC Splendida and visit Genoa, Rome, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona.
This 4-night cruise is a fantastic short break or a taster to experience life on a cruise ship.
|FROM||Dublin / Genoa|
|DATE||23rd April 2017|
|PRICE||From €429 pp|
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Genoa, Italy: Depart 18.00 PM
On arrival in Genoa, you will be transferred to the port to board the MSC Splendida.
Cradled between land and sea and with a working port, the Italian vacation destination of Genoa on the west coast of Italy displays its past through her many palaces and the surrounding ancient terraced hills. Genoa has many different faces; at once a modern metropolis and a rigorous custodian of artistic heritage, as well as an industrious marketplace with centuries-old parks perfect for relaxation.
Day 2: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy: Arrive 08.00 AM Depart 18.00 PM
Get drunk on history, architecture and sunshine!
The port city of Civitavecchia lies about an hour from Italy’s capital and is where your cruise liner will dock before taking lucky holiday-makers to the city of Rome.
Rome – where do we start? It is the ultimate vacation destination. There is perhaps no other city so crammed full of history, with layer upon layer of fabulous ruins, imperial temples…not to mention Etruscan tombs, early Christian churches, medieval bell towers, Renaissance palaces and baroque basilicas.
Day 3: At Sea:
Day 4: Palma de Mallorca: Arrive 09.00 AM Depart 00.30 PM
Palma is a vibrant place and a world away from the heaving tourist enclaves of the surrounding bay.
MSC Cruises shore excursions can be a clever option to enjoy Palma. Finding your way around Palma is fairly straightforward once you’re in the city centre. The obvious landmark to see in Palma on your cruise holiday is the Catedral, which dominates the Mediterranean Sea waterfront and backs onto the oldest part of the city, a cluster of alleys and narrow lanes whose northern and eastern limits are marked by the zigzag of avenues built beside – or in place of – the city walls.
Five hundred years in the making, Palma’s Catedral is a magnificent building and a surprising one, too, with its interior featuring modernist touches designed by Antoni Gaudí. The original church was built following the Christian reconquest of the city, and the site taken, in fulfilment of a vow by Jaume I, was that of the Moorish Great Mosque. Essentially Gothic, with massive exterior buttresses to take the weight off the pillars within, the church derives its effect through its sheer height, impressive from any angle but startling when glimpsed from the waterside esplanade.
Day 5: Barcelona, Spain: Arrive 09.00 AM
This is your final port of call. Once you have disembarked from your cruise ship you will be transferred to the airport to get your flight back home to Dublin.
4 Nights accommodation aboard the 4 Star MSC Splendida, operated by MSC Cruises. (See ship info tab for more information on cruise ships)
A cruise ship where technology and comfort are spectacularly combined. Futuristic, yet retaining its classic simplicity and elegance. A cruise ship that promises the ultimate cruise experience.
In the MSC AUREA Spa highly-trained staff combine the magic of Balinese massage with the most modern and exclusive treatments. Specialities include: traditional water treatments (a legacy from Roman times), saunas, Turkish bath, solarium, relaxation room, thalassotherapy, massage room and whirlpool baths. For those seeking more ‘high impact’ activities, there is an exercise room filled with the latest equipment.
MSC Splendida also features 4 swimming pools, a squash court, a Formula 1 simulator and much, much more…
Restaurants: Bars & Lounges: Entertainment:
MSC Yacht Club
The value of having your own sanctuary at sea with inclusive luxury amenities is immeasurable. And so the Fantasia-class ships offer an exclusive haven of luxurious suites with an opulent Concierge reception area, lounge, pool and bar area, plus a private restaurant and private access to the MSC Aurea Spa. MSC Yacht Club guests enjoy countless complimentary “extras” that aren’t extra at all – such as wines and spirits, signature Butler service and gourmet delights. This luxury enclave offers a private club ambience with breath taking views from the very front of the ship, and a wealth of valuable amenities included in your fare.
A Ship Within a Ship
Located on the prestigious foredecks of MSC Preziosa, MSC Divina, MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia, the MSC Yacht Club offers sweeping views. In addition to the private lounge, bar and pool, guests have access to all the venues of our grandest ships at their doorstep, including world-class live entertainment.
Inclusive Drinks & Gourmet Dining
In the Top Sail Lounge or by The One Pool & Bar, enjoy all-inclusive gourmet chef’s creations, appetizers, salads and desserts––plus a selection of wines, spirits, soft drinks and specialty coffees. Or dine in the private, open seating MSC Yacht Club restaurant with a sophisticated menu and complimentary selection of wines, spirits and other beverages. En suite you can enjoy a special MSC Yacht Club menu and complimentary mini-bar.
Exclusive Butler & Concierge Services
From champagne and canapés welcoming you to the MSC Yacht Club, to daily English afternoon tea, your Butlers are there to offer gracious European style service. Butlers and Concierge staff are available 24-hours a day to see that your needs are met and exceeded.
MSC Yacht Club offers a haven of luxury and refinement centred around a striking marble Concierge Reception area with original artwork and a Swarovski crystal staircase. Upon entering you will know you have arrived.
In addition to the Concierge Reception area, private MSC Yacht Club venues include:
• The Top Sail Lounge––An elegant atmosphere with panoramic views provides a private ambiance to socialize with other MSC Yacht Club guests, enjoy gourmet foods and a selection of complimentary wines, spirits and other beverages. You can peruse tableside flat-screens to follow the ship’s course or view star charts and constellations.
• The One Pool & Bar––Enjoy a private pool, two whirlpool spas, solarium and sundeck area complete with a complimentary selection of food and beverages for a completely relaxing experience.
• Private Restaurant: Each ship offers a panoramic restaurant reserved exclusively for MSC Yacht Club guests morning, noon and night. Enjoy open seating or ask your Butler or Concierge to make reservations.
Signature Butler Service
Your Butler is at your service around-the-clock, as you wish. Trained to the standards of the prestigious International Butler Academy in the Netherlands, MSC Yacht Club Butlers are dedicated to your ease and well being throughout your stay.
Butler services include:
• Private priority embarkation with luggage assistance from our Butlers and priority debarkation
• Champagne and canapés served upon your arrival at the MSC Yacht Club
• Unpacking and packing of suitcases, shoes shined and more, upon request
• Afternoon Tea in the British tradition, served by Butlers
• Daily delivery of your favorite international newspaper in its original format
• Arrangements for cocktail parties, en suite dining and more
An Exclusive Array of Dining Pleasures
In MSC Yacht Club you’ll discover what delicious days are made of from morning to night. Perhaps you’ll begin with breakfast served by your Butler on the veranda. Throughout the day, feel free to indulge in gourmet creations by our European-trained chefs In The Top Sail Lounge or by The One Pool & Bar. And in the evening, savour dinner in the sophisticated restaurant reserved exclusively for MSC Yacht Club guests.
• Dining choices include: Top Sail Lounge and The One Pool & Bar: All-inclusive upscale menu of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, entreés and desserts––plus a selection of wines, spirits, soft drinks, mineral water and specialty coffees.
• Private MSC Yacht Club Restaurant: Panoramic views, a gourmet menu and select complimentary wines and beverages are yours when dining in Le Muse on MSC Divina, La Palmeraie on MSC Preziosa, L’Olivo on MSC Splendida and L’Etoile on MSC Fantasia. Enjoy the ease of open seating or ask your Butler to reserve a favorite table.
• British Afternoon Tea: Savor a fine cup of tea and luscious freshly-made cakes, scones and delicate tea sandwiches served each day by Butlers in the Top Sail Lounge.
• En Suite Dining: Your Butler will graciously serve selections from our MSC Yacht Club menu, or help yourself to the complimentary mini-bar.
• Myriad Dining Options: Of course, you may choose to dine in any of the ship’s restaurants. Your Butler would be glad to make reservations at one of the ship’s specialty restaurants and our Concierge can make recommendations and reservations for a restaurant on shore.
The MSC Yacht Club Concierge Team
Within the opulent Concierge Reception lobby you’ll find a knowledgeable staff dedicated to providing information and making special arrangements for you.
• Concierge services include: Priority reservations for on board services, specialty restaurants and the MSC Aurea Spa
• Services to make each destination visit go smoothly, providing detailed information on local attractions, and priority reservations for shore excursions
• Arranging unique and unforgettable private onshore excursions with optional private photographer
• Reserving private out-of-hours en suite shopping, accompanied by your Butler
The Perfect Shopping Experience
Shop around in a completely relaxing, personal atmosphere with private out-of-hours shopping exclusively for MSC Yacht Club guests. Your Butler can make arrangements and accompany you to our designer boutiques, with purchases delivered to your suite at your request. Or we can arrange for a special selection of jewellery to view in the comfort and privacy of your suite.
Our onboard shops offer renowned name brands such as Bulgari, Mont Blanc, Baume & Mercier, Tissot, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Timberland, Lacoste, Chimento and more. Tax and duty free shopping includes:
• Designer jewelry and luxury personal accessories
• Perfumes and cosmetics
• Fashionable clothing for men, women and children
• Sunglasses and watches
• Liquor, tobacco, sweets and snacks
• MSC logo items and toys
Extraordinary Shore Excursions
As an MSC Yacht Club guest there’s no need to follow the crowd when it comes to shore excursions. Our Concierge staff is happy to help you build the perfect tailor-made excursions based on your desires and our extensive knowledge of each port of call:
• We’ll make your dream trip come true with individualized shore excursions
• Custom shore excursions may include the opportunity to explore on your own in a luxury sports car, relax and sightsee in a private car with driver, take the family in a comfortable minibus and more
• A personal multilingual guide can accompany you throughout your onshore adventure
• Enjoy exclusive shopping ashore with a personal guide, upon request
• Record life-long memories of a special destination or event––if you desire, a personal photographer can accompany you discreetly on any excursion
Click the images for a larger view (Opens in pop up) Deck 5 Canaletto Stateroom Categories: Theatre, Reception, Bars & Restaurants Deck 6 Modigliani Theatre, Casino, Bars, Shops & Restaurants Deck 7 Tiziano Theatre, Bars, Shopping & Restaurants Deck 8 Giotto Stateroom Categories: Deck 9 Tintoretto Stateroom Categories: Deck 10 Botticelli Stateroom Categories: Deck 11 Caravaggio Stateroom Categories: Deck 12 De Chirico Stateroom Categories: Deck 13 Piero Della Francesca Stateroom Categories: Deck 14 Raffaello Spa, Pool/Aqua Park, Bars & Restaurants Deck 15 Leonardo Da Vinci Stateroom Categories: Walking Track, Kids pools, bar & restaurant Deck 16 Michelangelo Stateroom Categories: Disco, 4D Cinema, F1 Simulator & Sports Centre Deck 18 Sun Deck Solarium Details valid as of February 2012. Subject to change.
Click the images for a larger view (Opens in pop up)
Deck 5 Canaletto
Theatre, Reception, Bars & Restaurants
Deck 6 Modigliani
Theatre, Casino, Bars, Shops & Restaurants
Deck 7 Tiziano
Theatre, Bars, Shopping & Restaurants
Deck 8 Giotto
Deck 9 Tintoretto
Deck 10 Botticelli
Deck 11 Caravaggio
Deck 12 De Chirico
Deck 13 Piero Della Francesca
Deck 14 Raffaello
Spa, Pool/Aqua Park, Bars & Restaurants
Deck 15 Leonardo Da Vinci
Walking Track, Kids pools, bar & restaurant
Deck 16 Michelangelo
Disco, 4D Cinema, F1 Simulator & Sports Centre
Deck 18 Sun Deck
Details valid as of February 2012. Subject to change.
Dates & Prices
|23 April 2017||€429||Inside||Book Now|
|23 April 2017||Sold Out||Oceanview||Sold Out|
|23 April 2017||€519||Balcony||Book Now|
|23 April 2017||€1,039||Yacht Club*||Book Now|
*See Ship Info page for information about MSC Yacht Club
- Flight from Dublin to Genoa
- Return transfers airport to port
- 4 nights accommodation aboard 4* MSC Splendida based on 2 adults sharing a cabin
- Meals on a full board basis
- All onboard entertainment
- Return flight from Barcelona to Dublin
- Taxes, charges and 10kg hand luggage
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- A non-refundable deposit of €250 is required at time of booking confirmation
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card. Payment can be made via bank transfer
- Optional Insurance available (conditions apply, Irish residents only)
- Onboard gratuities €8.50 per person per day not included
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change & availability. Prices will be confirmed at time of booking.
- It is your responsibility to ensure passport/visas are obtained for your destination. We recommend your passport be valid for 6 months after the date of travel.