The waterways between St. Petersburg & Moscow, including the Neva, Svir and Volga rivers. Explore Goritzy, Uglich, Vytegra, Mandrogi, Moscow & St. Petersburg.
|DESTINATION||Russia River Cruise|
|DATE||8th May 2017|
|PRICE||From €1,159 pp|
Cruise the waterways between St. Petersburg & Moscow. Depart St.Petersburg on your luxury river cruiser and cruise along the Neva, Svir and Volga rivers. Explore Goritzy, Uglich, Vytegra, Mandrogi, Moscow & St. Petersburg.
|OUTBOUND||To be confirmed|
|RETURN||To be confirmed|
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: St. Petersburg:
Fly from Dublin to St. Petersburg and board your cruiser. Here you check in and enjoy your first dinner on board.
Day 2: St. Petersburg:
A morning city sightseeing tour includes views of Nevsky Prospekt and the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Square, the cruiser Aurora and Smolny Cathedral. Optional afternoon visit to the Catherine Palace at Pushkin (bookable locally). Evening exclusive private gala ballet performance.
Day 3: St. Petersburg:
Optional morning canal cruise down the Neva river. Afternoon visit to the Hermitage. Sail in the early evening for Lake Ladoga, the largest lake in Europe with its wooden houses.
Day 4: Mandrogi:
Cruise along Lake Onega and visit Mandrogi, destroyed during the Second World War and now an open-air museum.
Day 5: Vytegra:
Vytegra is a town and the administrative center of Vytegorsky District in Vologda Oblast, Russia, located along the shores of the Vytegra River on Volga–Baltic Waterway. Explore the town on a walking tour, including a visit to the museum onboard the Submarine B-440.
Day 6: Goritsy:
Cruise on Lake Onega and the Volga-Baltic Canal. Visit the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery located on the waters edge of the village of Goritsy. Named in honor of its founder, the monk Cyril and one of the most honored saints in the Russian Orthodox Church.
Day 7: Uglich:
Cruise along the Volga to Uglich and see the Belfry of Kalyazin en route. A guided walk includes the Kremlin, Church of St Dimitrius on the Blood and the Cathedral of Transfiguration. Cross the Moscow/Volga Canal.
Day 8: Moscow:
Reach Moscow in the early afternoon. An afternoon sightseeing tour, including views of Peter the Great monument, Gorky Park, the New Maiden Convent and Lenin Hills followed by the Kremlin.
Day 9: Moscow:
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back to Dublin.
8 Nights accommodation aboard the 4 Star MS Surikov, operated by Mosturflot. (See ship info tab for more information on MS Surikov)
MS Surikov was completely renovated with new decor and new furniture in 2007. The atmosphere is cozy and familiar with a friendly Russian service personnel. The ship’s Scandinavian tour leaders provide all information on board, and sees to it that our guests have a pleasant holiday. This ship holds about 100 less passengers than most Russian ships of the same size, therefore common areas onboard are more spacious. All meals are taken in the ship’s restaurant serving local and tasty food, adapted to western people. There is entertainment on board several evenings during the cruise. MS Surikov also has a large lounge, bar, a small souvenir shop, laundry service and medical facilities. On the sun deck, there are chairs and tables.
Dates & Prices
|08 May 2017||€1,159||Lower Deck||Book Now|
|08 May 2017||€1,219||Upper Deck||Book Now|
- Flight Dublin St Petersburg via Amsterdam or Paris
- Transfer on arrival to the quay to Board your cruiser
- 8 nights onboard for 2 in a lower deck cabin
- Meals on a full board basis
- Entertainment onboard
- The services of a cruise director
- Transfer from the port to the airport
- Return flight from Moscow to Dublin via Amsterdam or Paris
- Taxes of €220 per person
- Excursions (see below)
- Optional insurance €36 (conditions apply)
- Single supplement from €180
- A non refundable, non transferable booking deposit of €250 per person is required.
- Full payment due 12 weeks before departure
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit or Debit Card
- A Russian Visa is required and the Russian Embassy charge €86
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change and availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.
- St. Petersburg City Tour
- The Hermitage Museum
- Walking tour of Mandrogi Island
- Walking tour of Vytegra, including a visit to the museum onboard the Submarine B-440
- Goritsy City Tour with a tour of Cyril-Belozersky Monastery
- Uglich: Transfiguration Cathedral & Church of Dimitri on the Blood
- Moscow City Tour
- Visit the Kremlin & a Cathedral