7 nights cruising from the delightful Dutch Canals to the River Rhine.
|DATE||June – July 2015|
|PRICE||From €1,399 pp|
Experience the very best of the Dutch Canals and River Rhine on this impressive cruise. Depart from Amsterdam aboard your 4 star river cruiser and discover Rotterdam, Koblenz, Dusseldorf and more.
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Amsterdam:
Arrive in Amsterdam and transfer to the quay, with boarding between 5.00 and 6.00pm and we settle into our cabins. We are introduced to the crew over a welcome cocktail. Dinner on board is followed by an optionaltour of the old town of Amsterdam by river boat. On our return, we set sail through the night, heading for Kinderdijk.
Day 2: Kinderdijk – Rotterdam – Nijmegen:
We arrive in Kinderdijk early this morning and have buffet breakfast on board. Our optional excursion today is to visit by foot the windmills of Kinderdijk. We return on board and continue our cruise, heading for Nijmegen. Depending on the tide, we will head for the port of Rotterdam, before we see the towns of Oude Maas and Spijkenisse. Dinner on board is followed by an evening’s entertainment as we continue our cruise. We arrive in Nijmegen during the night.
Day 3: Nijmegen – Koln:
After buffet breakfast on board this morning, we have free time for independent exploration or join the optional visit to the Kröller Müller museum. We return on board for lunch and continue on our cruise towards Koln. We have a relaxing afternoon on board, passing many towns and cities. Dinner on board is followed by an evening of dancing as we continue our cruise through the night.
Day 4: Koln – Koblenz:
We arrive early morning in Koln and have buffet breakfast on board before our optional guided visit of Koln. We return on board at the end of the morning for lunch and spend the afternoon cruising in the direction of Koblenz. We have dinner as we cruise and arrive in Koblenz during the evening. The evening is free as we moor for the night.
Day 5: Koblenz – The Romantic Rhine – Rudesheim – Boppard:
We set sail again this morning over breakfast, continuing our journey towards Rüdesheim. The journey along the river through the romantic Rhine valley that has been listed by UNESCO as part of World Heritage since 2002. We also pass the legendary Lorelei rock, named after a beautiful young maiden who, according to German legend, threw herself into the river in despair over a faithless lover and was transformed into a siren. We have lunch as we cruise and arrive in Rüdesheim early afternoon. Here we are free to wander or join our optional excursion where we set off by tourist train, enjoy some tasting of the famous wines of the region and have a guided tour of the museum of mechanical music. We return on board mid-afternoon and continue our cruise. After dinner on board, we arrive in Boppard. After dinner, the evening is free, so why not join our on-board hostess on a guided visit of the town.
Day 6: Boppard – Dusseldorf:
An early start to our cruise today as we continue our journey, Breakfast and lunch are taken on board and the morning is spent either relaxing on board or joining in the entertainment and activities. Shortly after lunch, we arrive in Düsseldorf. We have an optional guided visit on foot of Düsseldorf. Discover the upmarket Königsallee with its many shops, the “Altstadt” or old town district that is known as the “longest bar in the world” because of the incredible number of bars inviting visitors to try the beers of the town. We return on board for dinner and an evening of entertainment.
Day 7: Dusseldorf – Amsterdam:
We set sail from Düsseldorf during the night as we sleep. Breakfast and lunch are again taken on board as we spend the morning gently cruising towards Amsterdam, where we arrive in the early afternoon. We have an optional guided visit of Amsterdam, a truly charming city. Amsterdam is also known as the “Venice of the North”, thanks to its network of canals, and we have the opportunity to learn a little about the true character of the town, an eclectic and pleasurable mix of ancient and modern. We return on board for the gala dinner and an evening of entertainment. We moor for the night in Amsterdam.
Day 8: Amsterdam:
The cruise ends this morning in Amsterdam with disembarkation after breakfast. You will be met by your driver for the transfer to the airport and flight home to Dublin.
7 Nights accommodation aboard MS Gerard Schmitter, your 4 Star river cruiser, operated by Croisieurope.
CroisiEurope has a fleet of 40 Prestige boats with cabins, which ply the most beautiful rivers in Europe. Spacious and light, they offer a welcoming and refined setting. Accommodation capacity varies from 100 to 280 passengers depending on the boat’s design. At the cutting edge of technology, their facilities offer comfort and safety. Carefully maintained and partially renovated each year, the CroisiEurope fleet is largely made up of recently built vessels, less than five years old, all with Veritas certification.
Dates & Prices
|18 Jun 2015||Main Deck||Book Now|
|11 Jul 2015||€1,789||Main Deck||Book Now|
- Direct Flights to Amsterdam with Aer Lingus.
- Transfers form Airport to the quay to board your river cruiser
- 7 nights on the river cruiser, based on 2 sharing a main deck cabin
- Superb French Cuisine on a full board basis from Dinner on the 1st day to Breakfast on the last day, Drinks included with on board meals. Wine, Beer, Fruit Juice, Water & Coffee (excluding premium branded items & champagne which can be purchased separately)
- Transfer from the quay to the airport
- Return flight to Dublin
- Taxes and charges of €144
- 1 piece of check-in luggage up to 15kgs & 1 piece of carry-on luggage up to 10kgs included per person .
- Drinks consumed in the Bar are also included except Champagne and Premium drinks
- Optional insurance €29 (conditions apply)
- Single supplement upon request
- Upgrade to Middle deck €145 per person
- Upgrade to Upper deck €165 per person
- A non refundable, non transferable booking deposit of €200 per person is required.
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Gratuities are not included and are payable at your discretion
- Holidays & offers are subject to availability at time of booking
- Prices correct at time of printing, however fuel surcharges may apply
- Office: ADA
- Amsterdam by night 19 €
- Amsterdam and its Diamonds merchants 35 €
- Kröller Müller Museum 50 €
- Rudesheim : wine tasting and visit of the mechanical musical instruments 29 €
- Guided walking tour of Cologne 20 €
- Guided tour of Dusseldorf 20 €
- Excursions to Kinderdijk Windmills 23 €
5% discount on shore excursion package available only when booking your cruise