On 5th January 2018, Columbus will set sail from London Tilbury on a spectacular ‘round the world’ voyage. It will be a truly historic occasion, as it will be 20 years to the date since this popular cruise ship operated her maiden world cruise. Escape the winter on this 121-night grand voyage on which you can truly relax, enjoy leisurely days at sea, carefree evenings and so many incredible highlights as you circumnavigate the globe.
|FROM||Dublin / London|
|DATE||5 January 2018|
|PRICE||From only €20,519 pp – Buy One Get One Free = €10,260pp|
With her spacious lounge areas, comfortable accommodation and wide range of facilities, Columbus is the ideal ship for such an adventure. For most of this voyage, you will be able to enjoy warmer climes and therefore make full use of the expansive deck areas, swimming pools and whirlpools. The friendly, attentive crew will ensure you receive a high level of personal service throughout.
Discover paradise islands, breathtaking scenery and natural wonders contrasting with vibrant cities and fascinating lifestyles as Columbus takes you to a cornucopia of exciting destinations. From the Caribbean and Central America, Columbus will transit the Panama Canal sailing via islands of the South Seas to New Zealand and Australia, before embarking on an exploration of the magical Far East and India. Discover ultra-modern Dubai and Muscat plus the ancient sites of Egypt and Jordan before the Suez Canal leads Columbus to the Mediterranean homeward bound. And, if you don’t fancy the entire voyage, we are offering shorter sector cruises and even the opportunity to mix and match with our voyage services to and from Australia on board Astor – call for details.
World Cruise Highlights
- French Polynesia – Visit four Robinson Crusoe-like islands with dramatic waterfalls and timeless valleys as you luxuriate in a South Sea islands paradise.
- New Zealand – Auckland’s blend of harbour, islands and modern city has created a lifestyle ranked amongst the best in the world. Tauranga is your gateway to Te Puia the centre of Mauri culture and geothermal wonders.
- Australia – Sydney’s iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge, the Great Barrier Reef and famous Kakadu national park await.
- China – Calling at Shanghai whose mind-blowing, ancient past is displayed in a wealth of temples and museums. Bustling Hong Kong Island will exhaust your senses.
- India – If you’re not tempted by an excursion to Delhi or Agra and the Taj Mahal, take in some of Cochin’s fascinating cultural legacy before visiting the densely populated, intoxicating city of Mumbai.
- Dubai – Venice of the Gulf; Dubai is an energetic, fascinating place in constant flux where diversity expresses itself in the culinary landscape, fashion, music and performance.
- Jordan – Visit the lost city of Petra – estimated to date back to 6,000 B.C. – and Wadi Rum, where T.E. Lawrence found his destiny as ‘Lawrence of Arabia’.
Day to Day Itinerary:
|05/01/18||London Tilbury (United Kingdom)||–||2000|
|12/01/18||Funchal, Madeira (Portugal)||800||2200|
|20/01/18||Bridgetown, Barbados (Windward Islands)||800||2000|
|21/01/18||St. Georges, Grenada (Windward Islands)||800||2000|
|26/01/18||Transit Panama Canal (South America)||400||1900|
|05/02/18||Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands (French Polynesia)||700||1800|
|07/02/18||Papeete, Tahiti (French Polynesia)||1900||–|
|08/02/18||Papeete, Tahiti (French Polynesia)||–||–|
|09/02/18||Papeete, Tahiti (French Polynesia)||–||400|
|09/02/18||Moorea (French Polynesia)||800||1800|
|10/02/18||Bora Bora (French Polynesia)||700||1800|
|15/02/18||Crossing International Date Line||–||–|
|17/02/18||Auckland (New Zealand)||800||2100|
|18/02/18||Tauranga (New Zealand)||700||1600|
|19/02/18||Bay of Islands (New Zealand)||800||2000|
|28/02/18||Yorkey’s Knob (Australia)||700||2000|
|04/03/18||Darwin, Northern Territory (Australia)||900||1800|
|07/03/18||Komodo Island (Indonesia)||800||1700|
|11/03/18||Manila, The Philippines||1200||2200|
|20/03/18||Hong Kong (China)||700||–|
|21/03/18||Hong Kong (China)||–||2000|
|23/03/18||Chan May (Vietnam)||700||1800|
|25/03/18||Phu My (for Ho Chi Minh City) (Vietnam)||700||2300|
|27/03/18||Ko Samui (Thailand)||700||1800|
|28/03/18||Laem Chabang (Thailand)||900||2400|
|01/04/18||Port Klang (Malaysia)||1200||1900|
|06/04/18||Colombo (Sri Lanka)||700||2200|
|25/04/18||Transit the Suez Canal||400||1700|
|06/05/18||London Tilbury (United Kingdom)||800||–|
121 Nights accommodation aboard the 3 Star CMV Columbus, operated by Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) Cruise Lines. (See ship info tab for more information on CMV Columbus)
The impressive Columbus joins the CMV fleet in June 2017. This splendid medium-sized cruise ship enjoys a fine reputation on the British cruise market and will offer the same traditional cruising style that CMV is known for.
Combining spacious surroundings and friendly service with stylish entertainment and delicious cuisine, Columbus is the perfect choice for those looking for comfort and a wide range of on board facilities. However, she still retains a feel of intimacy and personal attention when compared with the ‘mega’ resort style ships built today.
At 63,786grt, with a draft of 8.20 metres and overall length of nearly 250 metres, Columbus was purpose built for deep sea ocean cruising and we believe is ideally suited to the type of exciting scenic cruise programme we operate. She underwent an extensive refit in August 2015 and will be upgraded further before the start of her maiden CMV season.
Columbus has 775 passenger cabins including 64 de luxe balcony cabins and junior suites which will please many of our customers who have been asking for more balcony accommodation. Following the successful trial on board Magellan, and recognising the needs of single travellers, 150 cabins will be allocated for solo cruisers.
Dates & Prices
|05 January 2018||Was €20,519
|05 January 2018||Was €23,999
|Oceanview (restricted view)||Book Now|
|05 January 2018||Was €25,659
|05 January 2018||Was €51,299
|Deluxe Balcony||Book Now|
|05 January 2018||Was €57,709
|Junior Suite||Book Now|
- 121 nights onboard CMV Columbus, based on 2 sharing
- Delicious full board cuisine
- Big show entertainment on board
- Taxes, gratuities and charges
- Flights not included and can be arranged along with airport/port transfers – tailor made to suit your needs
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit of €1,200 pp
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit or charge card
- Optional Insurance available (conditions apply)
- Drinks onboard not included
- Crew Gratuities worth £484pp included
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change & availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.